Thank you for your trust in our product and the services we offer.
We do not compromise with the information you provide us. Our experts from legal, security, engineering, product design and others make sure your privacy is not compromised.
This policy will explain how we collect, store, protect and share your information and with whom it is shared and the reason why it is shared.
The following policy will explain how we protect your personal information.
*When you download Sparkles and create an account, you share with us your name, email address, mobile number, gender identity, date of birth, sexual preference, photographs, videos, location and the experiences you may choose to have. You can change the choices on your profile anytime you may wish. To add certain content you may allow us access to your camera or photo gallery.
Some information you share with us maybe considered special or sensitive in certain regions for example, beliefs, sexual orientation. By choosing to share this information with us, you consent to our processing of that information.
*When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase from us directly, you provide us or our payment service provider with information like your credit/ debit card number.
*When you participate in any surveys or focus groups, we obtain your insights into our products, services.
*When you contact our customer services team, we aggregate the information you give us during the interaction, these are monitored and sometimes recorded for training purposes and to ensure high standards of service.
* When you connect to your friends via us (by email or otherwise) we aggregate the information about others in order to process your request.
*Your interaction with other users is processed by us as well as any content that you publish, this is a part of our operations and service provided to you.
*When you interact with our ads placed on our partner platforms/ websites, we may receive information about you from those partners as they may pass on details of our campaign’s performance.
*We aggregate information about your activity on Sparkles, (date & time of login, features used by you, searches, clicks, pages you are shown, how you interact with others, time and date of interaction, plans made, experiences had etc) This helps us improve your experience on Sparkles. This information is not shared with anyone and remains protected with us.
The information we get from and about the device you use to access our services includes
*hardware and software information such as IP address, device type and ID, device specific and apps settings, characteristics, crashes, advertising IDs such as Google’s AAID & Apple’s IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device settings. We also get browser type, version and languages, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies, other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
*information on your wireless and mobile network connection for instance your service provider and signal strength
*information on device sensors like accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses.
Other information you consent to
*If we have your permission, we aggregate your geolocation (longitude and latitude) depending on the service and device you are using including Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS. This aggregation may occur in the background even when you are not using the app and if you have explicitly given us permission to do so. If you decline permission, this aggregation does not happen. In the same way, your photographs, videos if you want to publish or are streaming on the services, maybe aggregated if you consent.
Cookies and other similar data collection technologies
*Some web browsers including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome have a “Do not Track” feature that tells a website that the user does not want his/her online activity to be tracked. If a website which responds to the signal receives it, the browser can block the website from collecting certain information about the user. Not all browsers offer the “Do not Track” option and the signals are not uniform. For this reason, many businesses including Sparkles do not currently respond to the signals.
How and Why we use your information
*We use your information to deliver and improve our services. We also use it to keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may interest you. Here’s a more detailed explanation.
To provide our services and administer your account, we help create and manage your account, provide you with customer support and respond to your requests, complete your transactions, communicate with you about our offers and services including managing your orders and billing.
To help you connect with other users, we analyze your profile , activity and preferences so we can recommend meaningful matches to you and recommend you to others.
To ensure a consistent experience across your devices we link the various devices so your experience is consistent across all of them. We do this by linking devices and browser data so your login process is smoother.
To provide you new services of Sparkles we register you and display your profile on the new features and apps and we administer your account there.
To make visible relevant offers and ads we administer contests, offers, discounts
*Develop, display and track content and advertising that may interest you on our services and other sites.
*Communicate with you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products and services that maybe tailored to your interests.
To improve our services and develop new ones
*Administer focus groups and surveys.
*Research and analyse user behavior in order to improve our services.
*Develop new features and offerings, for instance if you seek another experience, we may add that.
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activities
To provide new Sparkles services to you
- Register you and display your profile on new Sparkles features and apps
- Administer your account on these new features and apps
To serve you relevant offers and ads
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts or other offers
- Develop, display and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites
- Communicate with you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products or services that we think may interest you
To improve our services and develop new ones
- Administer focus groups and surveys
- Conduct research and analysis of users’ behavior to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users’ behavior)
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users).
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example our Terms
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users and recommend other users to you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
- HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Since our goal is to help you make meaningful connections, the main sharing of users’ information is, of course, with other users. We also share some users’ information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the services. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
- With other users
You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you’re comfortable being publically viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
If you choose to limit the audience for all or part of your profile or for certain content or information about you, then it will be visible according to your settings.
- With our service providers and partners
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services. For instance, we may share limited information on you in hashed, non-human readable form to advertising partners.
We follow a strict vetting process prior to engaging any service provider or working with any partner. All of our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
- For corporate transactions
We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
- When required by law
We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
- To enforce legal rights
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
- With your consent or at your request
We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
We may use and share non-personal information (meaning information that, by itself, does not identify who you are such as device information, general demographics, general behavioral data, geolocation in de-identified form), as well as personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, under any of the above circumstances. We may also share this information with third parties (notably advertisers) to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our services and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine this information with additional non-personal information or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form collected from other sources.
We want you to be in control of your information, so we have provided you with the following tools:
- Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings that help you to access, rectify or delete information that you provided to us and that’s associated with your account directly within the service. If you have any question on those tools and settings, please contact our customer care team for help or write to us on Founders@sparklesdating.com
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone book and location services as well as push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Deletion. You can delete your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
- Updating your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion or object to its processing, please contact us on Founders@sparklesdating.com
For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. If you wish to receive information relating to another user, such as a copy of any messages you received from him or her through our service, the other user will have to contact our Privacy Officer to provide their written consent before the information is released.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore. For instance, we cannot provide our service if we do not have your date of birth.
- Uninstall. You can stop all information collection by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. If you uninstall the app from your mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you re-install the application on the same mobile device, we will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions and activities.
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and as permitted by applicable law. To protect the safety and security of our users on and off our services, we implement a safety retention window of three months following account deletion. During this period, account information will be retained although the account will of course not be visible on the services anymore.
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account (following the safety retention window) or after two years of continuous inactivity, unless:
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law (for instance, some “traffic data” is kept for one year to comply with statutory data retention obligations);
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents from opening a new account.
Keep in mind that even though our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific timeframe due to technical constraints.
RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request this notice, please submit your request to Founders@sparklesdating.com. Please allow 30 days for a response. For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer such a request.
Our services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit users under the age of 18 on our platform and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please use the reporting mechanism available through the service.
If you ever think someone has had access to your social media password, please report it to the relevant social media platform and change your password immediately. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data while it is being transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk.
WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY BREACHES OF SECURITY, DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR ANY LOSS OR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA.
By using the App, you are consenting to: You agree that you will not file or participate in a class action against us. In the event there is a discrepancy between this English language version and any translated copies of the Policy, the English version shall prevail.
Thanks for reading, have fun on Sparkles